Looking for the perfect way of celebrating Thanksgivukkah? How about buying a classic car, or taking a drive in one you already own? There are a lot of different ways of celebrating this rare event, but if you want to do it with cars, here are eight classic vehicles that are perfect.
What is Thanksgivukkah?
Before celebrating it, you probably want to know what Thanksgivukkah is. Simply put, it's when the first day of Hanukkah and Thanksgiving happen on the same day. November 28, 2013, will be the first and only Thanksgivukkah that people will see in their lifetime--it's been calculated that the next one won't happen for thousands of years!
The Awesome Cars
While there will be an interesting combination of turkeys, pilgrims, menorahs, and dreidels, classic car fans may be more interested in these awesome vehicles. Just be certain you have your classic car insurance policy in place before you go driving at top speeds.
- The 1966 Shelby 427 Cobra Any model of Shelby will catch the eye of a classic car lover, but the 427 Cobra is exceptionally beautiful. You will be amazed at the power in this tiny car, although you may not be amazed by the amount of money you'll have to pay to own one.
- 1969 Boss 429 Mustang Another vehicle with a crazy amount of power is the Boss 429 Mustang. Mustang engineers actually had to redesign the body of this vehicle so the larger engine would fit. They also had to leave out a number of extras to accommodate it, including the air conditioning system.
- 1969 Dodge Charger 1969 was a great year for classic car lovers. The Dodge Charger that was released that year has an awesome body and lines that have never gone out of style. One of the most famous 1969 Chargers was the General Lee, the car featured on the television show The Dukes of Hazzard.
- 1970 Datsun 240z Designed to look similar to the Jaguar XKE, the Datsun 240z also draws on the lines and style of some of the most popular Japanese sports cars of the time. If you're driving this sweet car, you'll certainly want to have classic car insurance on it.
- 1966 Lamborghini 350GT Who doesn't love a Lamborghini? You want power? The 350GT has got power.
- 1969 Ferrari Dino 246 GT This car is all soft lines. The Ferrari Dino 246 GT is perfect for driving down the highway on a Thanksgivukkah afternoon.
- 1963 Corvette Sting Ray Put the top down and go for a drive in this classic Sting Ray. It was the first Sting Ray with this look and several other updates that would become standard.
- 1969 Toyota 2000GT Finally, the Toyota 2000GT will make you feel like a super spy (it was featured in some James Bond movies). The long front gives this car a unique look and feel to it.
Remember, no matter what car you drive around in on Thanksgivukkah, make certain you have the proper insurance. Car insurance for classic car owners is different from standard insurance in that it will give your investment more protection.